Havana’s class took a field trip to CenturyLink field, the home of the Seahawks. Havana decided she wants to be a writer when she grows up because the sportswriters get great seats in the stadium and free food.
- It takes all day to paint the field for a game for a football game, half a day for soccer games
- For seismic reasons, the stadium consists of 8 “pie pieces” that don’t touch each other and are joined inside by movable plates that cover the gaps. There is only one place in the building that will shake in an earthquake
- All 67,000 seats are washed before every game
- There are 612 trash/compost/recycling bins at the stadium
- It cost $50,000 to ship the Super Bowl XLVIII sign from New York